Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is my home!"

After receiving this weeks email from Josh, I was in tears...well OK, that happens just about every time, but this time the tears were from joy and not from missing him so much. Elder Robertson spoke about some of the people that he is teaching, Chuck, Monica, Katon, Annie, Tin, Torien, Martez, Serenity, Collin, Marcy, and Matt. I could feel through his words that he loves each one of them and he genuinely wants them to feel the peace that comes from living the gospel. He spoke of one couple's inability to understand the importance of the Book of Mormon and unwillingness to accept it's teachings. He felt so frustrated by this and wrote the following. "The Book of Mormon is the most perfect thing we have and Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I was so discouraged because I felt like I didn't do my part to convince them, but I know I can't really. It's up to them and they weren't willing to do anything about it. I wish I could have the power to manifest it unto everybody, but I can't." Elder Robertson has truly caught the vision of missionary work! He closed his letter with these final words. "I miss all of you guys, but I wouldn't rather be in any other place. This is my home. I love Spokane and I love the work. Just keep my investigators in your prayers." These are words that I have been praying to see him write. I am so happy that he has gotten the emotional connection to the sacred work that he is doing. He will truly be able to be used as a tool in the hands of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. how neat:) Thanks Deanie for doing this for all of us to read , I really look forward to reading it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea. I love the blog! I can't beleive little Josh is now Elder Robertson!

    ReplyDelete